July 14, 2010

Turkey meatloaf

In captivity, people do things they normally do not i.e. Stockholm syndrome. In my normal habitat I heat up things or order takeaway.  Not really much time for cooking but now all I have is time.  Well not only that, I still have charm and grace but I have a lot of time too and have started playing around in my one butt kitchen.

Yesterday turkey meatloaf was on the menu.
Roughly recipe: Turkey Meatloaf

Ground turkey
handful dried cranberries (rehydrated)
handful cooked brown rice
handful of chopped mushrooms
handful of chopped leeks
1 chopped celery stalk
teaspoon chicken bouillion
lots of twists on the Weber Kick'en chicken spices
Squish together and smush into a bread pan.  Top with chutney and pop a meat thermometer in.  Place in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for around 2 hours or until poultry temperature is reached (90 degrees Celsius).
I split some squash and baked them alongside the meatloaf and heated up some green beans in the micro.
Got a thumbs up from DH (Dear hubby) and thats not easy when there is no gravy involved.


The Healthy Heart Cookbook"400 Calorie Dinners" Cookbook - Satisfying, Guilt-Free, Real-Life Meals!30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray: Entertaining Made Easy/Quick and Healthy (6 DVD Set)