July 19, 2010

Summer salad nr. 4 - Steak salad


I had a lovely surf and turf salad when we were in Adenau to see the races at Nurburgring and I was looking to recreate it.  Unfortunately, I could not remember anything besides the lettuce, steak and one decorative scampi on top.

So, here I am craving meat and lettuce and I have no recipe.  A quick search on epicuriousallrecipes and googleturned up a lot of recipes but nothing that reminded me of that salad. So here is a self-compiled, human-tested Steak salad recipe.


Dressing:
Chili flakes
Salt
Garlic
Peach juice
white vinegar
lime juice


Salad:
Pretty lettuce, washed and crisp
Avocaodos, peeled and diced
Steak, grilled and thinly sliced
Roasted bell peppers, disemboweled and sliced
Red onions, thinly sliced
Fennel, chopped
Ripe tomatoes, in boats
Basil for decoration

Toss with dressing and serve with naan bread.

I am pretty sure it has to do with the red meat content Hubby has given this recipe at 10 of 10!

God fornøyelse!